- The 11th edition of TIFF, in association with the Israel Film Fund and the Israel Embassy in Tirana, will present the special Program “ISREAL”, a section dedicated for the first time to the contemporary Israeli cinema. The show of the movies will be presented by the Israeli Film Fund director Katriel Schory. Other than the four newest movies produced by the Israeli cinema, the public will also be introduced to some of the best short movies and video arts, which during the days of the festival will be exhibited along with posters and images from the movies in the FAP Gallery of the University of Arts.
- In association with Asian Short Shorts Film Festival comes the program “BIG SHORTS IN JAPAN” where for the first time a section of recent best Japanese short movies selections will be projected. This collaboration will also bring the projection of Albanian short movies in the next edition of this activity in Tokyo 2014.
- One of program’s highlights of the eleventh edition of TIFF 2013 is the presentation of one of world’s most reputable Short Film distributors with which TIFF has worked closely since its inception. For ten years the collaboration with the Spanish distributing company KIMUAK has been congruous and advantageous. Therefore in this edition KIMUAK comes with a special program of best short movies of the last 15 years, which will be presented by Esther Cabero, coordinator of KIMUAK.
- One of festival’s goals is to create an original atmosphere and at the same time challenge the new cinematographers. In this edition, in collaboration with the LONDON FILM SCHOOL TIFF has made possible the presentation of their best conceptions curated by the director of this school Ben Gibson. During the program there will be a sequence to project movies by a group of students from the two film schools of Tirana.
- TIFF in partnership with the National Film Board of Canada will present for the first time for the audience of this festival Norman McLaren, with a selection of his best movies honored with many international awards like Oscar, Golden Bear and Bafta. He has been a pioneer in the field of animation, visual music, abstract film and graphical sound.
- Returning to TIFF BALKAN SHORTS, their collections have become tradition in the best Balkan short movies, made possible by the close cooperation with AltCine and Elektra Venaki, Greece.
- This edition will stage for the first time the project CINEFIER, which represents a new reality in form and the place of realization and in its perception. Its author is director Bujar Alimani. He is the inventor and leader of this project.
-Recurring, like in other editions REFLECTING ALBANIA, a program of ten years in the festival, dedicated to the movies produced by foreign cinematographers for Albania.
- In the framework of the exchange of experiences and partnership between the festivals will devise the program POSTSARD, a selection of short films from Sardegna, Italy which will be presented by Sergio Stagno, one of the founders of SKEPTO Film Festival.
- The program for Albanian Cinema Nostalgia, this edition, we have selected a movie review by Endri Keko, one of the founders of Albanian cinema after the war, known documentaries, awarded in international festivals.